Friday, April 13, 2012

Cherry Blossom Season!

I've been outside every chance I get to take pictures of the trees while they're in bloom. Last year I missed them while I was in the hospital and I want to make up for what I missed! 

Sandra has humored me and we've been out to see them at multiple "viewing spots" around the city. She jokes that they're everywhere and it's true, but I feel somehow it's different if I see them in a different neighborhood. 

I love the way they soften the trees, like pink clouds of cotton candy. It makes me feel like I'm living in a fairy land and has definitely enhanced my love of Spring. 

Now the flowers are starting to fall off the branches and they come down in big shimmery clouds of petals. 
The path up to my school.
Two of my co-teachers walking back to school after a lunch out.

Cherry tree lined street near some apartments.
Sandra and me.
latest attempt at watercolor. (not a cherry-blossom!) Flower  outside my apartment. 

1 comment:

  1. Love the cherry blossom pictures and your new watercolor. I'm behind!

    ReplyDelete