Thursday, March 26, 2009

St Louis Picture Post

We went on this trip a little bit ago but here are some pictures. I've been trying to get them uploaded to photobucket but it really is excruciating to wait for them all to load, so you'll have to forgive me. 
St Louis
Katie in St Louis.
fish market where they smoke, dry and salt fish into oblivion
That pile behind the girls is a mountain of fish heads, scales and skeletons.
When there are no playgrounds, use what you've got.
I'm so happy I got this shot. We were waiting outside some historical landmark and I got completely distracted by this little girl who came to yell at these boys. I just love that look from the boy on the left.

We went on a boat tour of a nature reserve. Pelican rock!
Here, if you look at the base of the tree- giant lizard. Someone know what it is?

Bus ride to the nature preserve.

The little white line on the left is Sara. The boat tour took awhile to get started so she went for a walk.
Centennial Baobab tree. 
Lindsay and Me on the boat tour. (It was a little sunny) She let me borrow some sunglasses that she was borrowing from someone else and they were so scratched I couldn't see anything out of them. But it worked well against the sun.

So yay! Pictures! I'm taking off to Casamance (the region of Senegal south of The Gambia) for about a week -we leave on a 15 hour boat ride tomorrow to get there. Happy Spring Break! 

4 comments:

  1. OOooooh pictures! Love to hear from you. We enjoy reading all the blogs, really. We, that is the royal we, believe that is an African monitor lizard by the tree. They taste just like chicken!
    Okay, I made that last part up...enjoy your break.

    moochas smoochas,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your upsetting trip! I hope you are still having fun, these pictures look great. You look a little like Micheal Jackson with the pale skin, shawl, and sunglasses. Miss you and your crazy antics at swing dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture of the kids is hysterical! The little girl is so cute, grabbing hold of the boy's shirt. I love reading your updates! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete